We are so excited to offer a Specialty Babysitting Course, for those ages 13 and up, who are interested in caring for children with special needs. This program has been developed and will be run by experienced Pediatric Staff at Rehabilitation Associates, Inc. including Occupational Therapists and Speech and Language Pathologists. Our specialty babysitting course will provide education and skill development in areas such as:
- Strategies for success: Working with children with Autism, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, and other diagnoses…
- Asking parents the right questions before babysitting
- Recognizing and managing common behaviors
- Communicating with speech-delayed children
- The importance of PLAY: building positive relationships, sparking imagination, and developing life skills
- And more!
This course is a great way to boost your resume or college application by acquiring valuable knowledge and the opportunity for real-life experiences, to meet healthcare professionals, interact with people who share similar interests, and connect with local families.
Our next course is being offered on Saturday, April 23rd from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at our Fairfield office, located at 1931 Black Rock Turnpike, Fairfield CT 06825. The course is offered for $65. If interested, please call us at (203) 384-8681 or email us at: info@RehabAssocInc.com.