Our pediatric physical therapy department concentrates on optimizing functional skills and proper gross motor development. Our therapists implement a whole body approach from initial evaluation through therapeutic discharge. Our staff is skilled in evaluating and treating those with a variety of diagnoses that may impact a child’s development of gross motor skills, such as:
- Developmental milestones (rolling, sitting, crawling, walking, etc.)
- Overall strength, endurance, and flexibility
- Gross motor coordination and balance (static and dynamic)
- Ball skills (eye-hand coordination)
- Motor planning (gross motor tasks, game-like activity, negotiating the environment)
In addition to working closely with our in house occupational and speech therapists, and social workers for optimal plan of care, our physical therapists also maintain open communication with pediatricians, orthotists, assistive technology professionals, and other specialists.
Our therapists recognize the importance of functional skills within the home and community setting. Thorough home exercise programs are created and provided to children and their families for generalization of skills and carryover for optimal results.